30 September 2012

30 Days of Books- Day 30: Your favorite book of all time




[For the English translation see the text in grey below]

Då kom vi till det sista 30 Days of Books inlägget… det har gått fort! Jag kommer att sakna den dagliga bokövningen. ^.^



Jag har faktiskt en! –En all time favorit alltså, för vanligtvis brukar det vara svårt att komma på endast en favorit, eftersom det finns så många fina böcker där ute. Men efter att ha tänkt på det i ungefär 30 dagar är jag rätt säker på att All Quiet on the Western Front (På västfronten inget nytt) av Erich Maria Remarque är min favorit. Jag läste den på engelskan i gymnasiet och blev så berörd! Jag älskade den här boken så mycket att jag inte kunde förmå mig att skiljas ifrån den, och när alla skolböckerna skulle tillbaka till skolan så blev den ”bortglömd” i min hylla (usch, jag är en dålig människa, jag vet)! Sedan dess har boken följt med mig överallt.

Det är svårt att förklara skälet till att jag gillar den här boken så mycket, för att den är rätt mörk och hemsk— den handlar om en av de mörkaste perioderna i modern historia: första världskriget. Som läsare blir man utsatt mycket opåkallad död, och man är olycklig och gråtfärdigt nästan hela tiden. Men karaktären Paul Bäumer är så välskriven, han bara griper tag om ens hjärta.

Finally, we have come to the last of my 30 days post... This tag went by too quickly! I will miss this daily bookexercise. ^.^

I actually have one! -An all time favorite book, I mean. 'Cause normally, it's really hard for me to just pick one favorite, since there so many awesome books out there. But after thinking about this for like 30 days, I'm sure that All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque is my all time favorite. I read it in English lit class back in high school and I was just...moved! I loved this book so much that I that I could not bring myself to part with it, and when we had to bring back all the school looks at the end of the year I happened to "forget" it on my bookshelf (I'm a bad person, I know). And since then, this book has follwed me everywhere. 


It's hard to explain why I like it so much, since it's a very dark and sad- it's about one of the darkest periods in modern history: WWI. As a reader, one is exposed to so much death and one is constantly on the brink of tears. But the main character Paul Bäumer is so well written that he just grabbed a hold of my heart and did not let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment