18 September 2012

30 Days of Books- Day 18: A book that disappointed you

[For the English translation see texts in grey below]

Sagan om Ringen är den boken som jag blev mest besviken på, tyvärr. Jag är redan en outcast bland mina vänner, och nu avslöjar jag mitt mörkaste litteraturskelett inför hela internet (vad håller jag på med?!). Men så är det, jag skulle nog ge den här boken en ”1:a” i min skala med en sådan där poker face meme. Sambon och jag brukar ha hetsiga diskussioner kring den här bok-serien eftersom det är hans favorit… och jag har inte läst något som är tråkigare än J.R.R. Tolkien. Det är den enda boken som jag har läst någonsin som jag inte orkat avsluta för att den var jobbig och tråkig— och jag har läst ganska många böcker som är oändligt mer idiotiska.

PS- Sambons kommentar: Hon kom halvvägs igenom beskrivningen av hober innan boken började. Något som kanske borde skippas då man läser för första gången då detta faktiskt är ganska tråkigt om man inte redan är investerad i världen.




Unfortunately, The Lord of the Rings is the book that has disappointed me the most so far. I'm already an outcast among my friends for this... and I am now outing my darkest literary skeleton for the whole internet (what am i doing?!). But, hey, that's the way it is! I would probably rate these books as a "1" in my review scale.

My boyfriend and I tend to have emotional discussions about this series since LoR series are his favorite books, while for me this is one of the few books that I thought ware so boring that I just could not be bothered to finish-- and I have read a lot of books with infinitely more idiotic premises. 


PS (by indignant boyfriend): She is halfway through the description of hobbits, before the book even begins. This is something that should be skipped if you're reading it for the first time, since this part is actually boring if you're not already invested in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment