13 September 2012

30 Days of Books- Day 13: My favorite writer

källa: wikipedia
[For the English translation, see the texts in grey after the Swedish paragraphs]

Jag verkar inte ha en favoritförfattare, ser det ut som. Min hjärna blir helt blank när jag får frågan ovan. Det finns så många författare som skriver bra böcker, men jag kan inte komma på en på direkten som sticker ut mer än de andra (det var lättare att ha en favorit när man var ung och inte hade läst så många böcker!). För att jag ska få en bra uppfattning av vem jag gillar mest av alla, tycker jag att det först är lämpligt att definiera ”favorit författare” på det här sättet: en författare som gång på gång get ut böcker som jag vill läsa. Här är min slutlista:

I'm finding it hard to  come up with a favorite author. My brain keeps drawing blanks on this one; there are just too many good authors... and it's difficult to think of one that strands out from the rest (it's was easier to have a favorite when I was younger since I had read fewer books!). OK, so in order for me to come to a rational conclusion over who I like the most, I should probably define "favorite author" first: an author that has time and again delivered books that I want to read. The following is a list of the contenders that definition: 


Det finns säkert någon som jag har glömt för tillfället, men ur de 8 kandidater ovan är favoriten faktisk Georgette Heyer. Jag har läst 28 böcker av henne, alla så kallade regency romances. Jag älskar humorn i hennes böcker, och att även om hon skriver böcker enligt en mall så är hennes 28nde bok lika färsk som den första eftersom hon hade förmågan att hitta på huvudkaraktärer som var unika för varje bok. 

I've most likely forgotten to mention someone, but out of the 8 candidates above, my favorite would probably be Georgette Heyer. I've read 28 of her books, all of them regency romances. I love the humor in them, and even though her stories and very formulaic, the 28th novel is just as fresh as the first one since she had the capacity to come up with unique characters and interesting conflicts for every books that she wrote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment