10 September 2012

30 Days of Books- Day 10: Favorite classic book


[For the English translation, see the grey text below]

Min favorit klassiker är Prideand Prejudice (Stolthet och Fördom) av Jane Austen. När jag först läste den var jag 12, och blev helt fast i Elizabeths och Darcys kärlekshistoria. Men den här boken är så mycket mer än en kärlekshistoria, och jag upptäcker nya nyanser av den här boken varenda gång jag läser den. Just nu är min favorit Mrs. Bennet, en mor som förtvivlat oroar sig inför sina döttrars framtida livssituation. Alla karaktärer i boken är så levande, och Austen beskriver dem med mycket humor och självironi. Det bästa med den här boken är att även om hon visar läsaren vad hon tycker on personerna som befolkar boken, så får läsaren själv bestämma vad man tycker om karaktärerna. I Mrs. Bennets fall t.ex., så tycker jag att Austen är lite för elak mot den stackars kvinnan.

My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (surprise surprise!). I was 12 when I read it for the first time, and boom! I was totally into Elizabeth and Darcy's love story.

However, this book is so much more than a love story, and every single time I read it I find new dimension to the story. At the moment my character is Mrs. Bennet: a mother who is desperately worried about her daughter's future! 



All characters in P&P are just so vivid, and Austen writes about them with such humor and (at times brutal) sarcasm... and really the best thing about this book is that even is she shows the reader her biases towards and against certain characters, I still feel like I can make my own mind up about them. In the case of Mrs. Bennet, for example, where I think Austen is a little too mean to the poor woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment